I was the first employee at ON.Lab and have worked and started most of the projects at ON.Lab (now ONF). I prototyped the first version of CORD and then continued to build out CORD until leaving ON.Lab earlier this year. You can find me on slack art @ash
How long have been working in the CORD community?
Since the very beginning.
What contributions have you made in the past to the CORD community?
- Initial implementation of CORD.
- Brought in the first version of the automation layer.
- Built the multicast and igmp applications.
- Built the continuous pipeline for cord verification and deployment in various partner labs
- Acted as a release manager for the first three versions of cord
- Kicked the VOLTHA project and actively developed it
- Lab trialled VOLTHA at service provider locations
- Built initial support for celestica OLT in VOLTHA
What are you actively working on in CORD?
I would like to port CORD to the latest devops technologies. Namely, I would like to port CORD to docker swarm in the near future.
Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for this position?
Having been involved in CORD since the very beginning, I simply want to see it succeed. As such, I will advocate and push for CORD to be the best platform for SDN and NFV.
Are there any changes you would like to bring to the community if elected into this position?
Push CORD to use the best technologies out there which will enable developers to test and use cord as easily as possible. Therefore, moving CORD to a platform like docker swarm seems crucial to its continued success.