This page is deprecated. There is no support for devstack based setups. Use Bring-up A-CORD in CORD POD environment
Running on CloudLab (optional)
If bringing the setup on a cloudlab machine, set up extra disk space for devstack by running the following commands:
Devstack Mitaka Installation
Go to devstack folder and create a local.conf with following contents:
run ./stack.sh script.
With this step devstack should be installed successfully.
Whenever the devstack needs to be reinstalled, ensure always the following commands are used:
$ ./stack.sh ---> To reinstall
Go through the instructions in the below links to familiaize with CORD contributions work-flow:
Pull the CORD service-profile repository
Issue with Docker Install
During the make devstack, if the command hangs around installing docker, for the time being, install docker via this method: https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/linux/ubuntulinux/
Open XOS portal (at port 9999)
Verify the Deployment/Sites/User objects are created in XOS successfully
On-boarding XOS Monitoring Service
- Ensure "ceilometer-trusty-server-multi-nic" image is downloaded to devstack glance as part of above step (`glance image-list`)
- Verify XOS Slices with name 'mysite_ceilometer' is created successfully and an VM instance is created under 'mysite_ceilometer' slice. The instance should have two IP addresses.
- Verify if ssh to VM instance with 10.0.0.* and 'ubuntu' as user is working fine from the host machine.
- Verify 'Services/Ceilometer_Service' is launched successfully in XOS portal
- Under Service/Ceilometer_Service, goto Adminstration tab, click monitoring channels -> Verify the monitoring channel is launched successfully (Green Tick mark next to the entry in UI)
- Click on the monitoring channel entry and note down the Ceilometer URL from that entry
- Using Curl command, with URL as Ceilometer URL retrieved from above + /v2/meters. For ex. if the ceilometer URL is http://10.0.0.3:8889/, then do curl on 'http://10.0.0.3:8889/v2/meters'
- Verify curl output is able able to display the meters retrieved
Installing A-CORD Custom Plug-ins
Install vSG/vCPE plugins in devstack ceilometer and verify if u r able to inject them and retrieve those events:
- git clone https://github.com/srikanthvavila/ceilometer-plugins.git
Installing A-CORD PUB/SUB Service
A-CORD PUB/SUB service requires Kafka to be installed. Use the following instructions to install Kafka:
- Download kafka:http://mirror.fibergrid.in/apache/kafka/0.9.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.9.0.0.tgz
- install java
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install default-jre
- install kafka package
- sudo easy_install pip
- sudo pip install kafka-python
- tar -xzf kafka_2.11-0.9.0.0.tgz
- Start the zookeeper server:
- bin/zookeeper-server-start.sh config/zookeeper.properties
- Start Kafka Server
- bin/kafka-server-start.sh config/server.properties
Configure Mitaka ceilometer to publish events to PUB/SUB service (Below example is to publish ceilometer 'cpu_util' events):
- Change /etc/ceilometer/pipeline.yaml to publish meters to kafka.
- name: cpu_sink
- name: "rate_of_change"
scale: "100.0 / (10**9 * (resource_metadata.cpu_number or 1))"
- kafka://<kafkaip>:9092?topic=<topic name configured in PUB/SUB service>
Restart the ceilometer-agent-notification, ceilometer-agent-compute, ceilometer-agent-central screens in devstack
Follow README from the below link to install PUB/SUB daemon (Note:If Kafka is running as part of above step, ignore running kafka in this step):
Changes needed in pub_sub.conf:
webserver_host = <IP on which PUB/SUB daemon running>
webserver_port = 4455
target = kafka://<kafkaip>:9092?topic=test9